Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Try it Tuesday - Crunchy Tacos Wraps

Crunchy Tacos Wraps




 Well it's Tuesday, and Tuesday at our house generally means tacos in some form. Jackson loves to have tacos and I can't say that I blame him. As usual I am on the hunt for variety and something healthy. I have made this recipe a few times now,  and each time I think it gets better. You can really put anything you want into these tacos, like to use left over items that I want to "repackage"; so give them a try.
Who doesn't love a good taco?!

Ingredients: 
1 cup cooked rice - I use brown rice
1 large cooked chicken breast, shredded - I used 2 because I like chicken
1 can black or pinto beans, drained
1/2 red or green pepper, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
juice from 1/2 lime
1/2 package of taco seasoning
1-2 cups shredded Mexican cheese - use the 2% cheese
1 small container fat free plain Greek yogurt
6 burrito size tortillas

One bowl...one pan...and left over food!


Directions:
In large bowl, mix rice, chicken, beans, pepper, cilantro, lime juice, and taco seasoning.
Arrange mixture down center of tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese (amount that you like) and a tablespoon of yogurt. Roll the tortilla.
Heat large skillet over medium heat; spray with cooking spray.
Place tortillas seam side down onto skillet. Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side.
Transfer to plate and serve warm.


Optional additions:
I put jalapenos in Luke's tacos, that's the way he likes them.
I used my grill pan to cook these, and I put a large lid from a pot on top while they cook to press them down.


I think these are a great, fast dinner. I used 2 left over chicken breasts and left over rice from a previous meal to make these and Luke was none the wiser!

These are really delicious and shhhhh they are pretty healthy

It's Taco Tuesday...and time to try something new...enjoy!       Sharron

No comments:

Post a Comment