Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Try it Tuesday - Taco Tuesday

Taco Tuesday...well actually Taco Salad Tuesday...
healthy, fast, easy...and kid friendly
This is a super fast and easy dinner that I have made several times. Jackson and Luke like to have Taco Tuesdays so I like to try to switch up different taco recipes. This one happens to be an old standby. The ingredients can easily be switched out for other items of your choice. This recipe does not require any measuring and very little cooking.

Ingredients:
1 (1-2 pounds) package of ground meat - I use ground turkey but you can use chicken, buffalo, pork, or beef
1 package taco seasoning - I use McCormick's Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
1 can black beans, drained - I sometimes use pinto beans
1 can corn, drained
2 tomatoes - diced
2 avocados - peeled, pitted, and chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 package shredded Mexican cheese - or whatever type of cheese you have in your fridge

Other items you might want to include:  JalapeƱos and sour cream

Directions:
Cook meat according to taco seasoning directions.
Meanwhile, mix the above ingredients in a large bowl.


Spoon salad onto plate and top with taco meat...enjoy!


This is my plate and I like to go "cheese less"
Give this a try and start your own tradition of Taco Tuesdays!...
Sharron

1 comment: